Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Construction update #47

Updates should be fast and furious now.

Or maybe not. The slab pour came up so fast my main guy wanted to put it off a week. I talked him out of the delay. Then the plumber came up short on some material not available locally but totally needed before pouring the slab. That pushed us back a day, but Friday is superstitious I am told so not a good pour day, and Mondays are never good pour days so Tuesday it was to be. But the grinder guy couldn’t adjust that late without then having to put me off until even later, so back to Friday we are (at least for the moment).

My engineer reminds me that 53 yards is not 50 tons; it is closer to 108 tons. Pretty amazing that we suspended that in old Styrofoam coffee cup forms supported by 4x4s.

Our second youngest worker quit, saying the job was too hard. I doubt his ancestors built many pyramids!

I am mid stream polishing the landing with the fish ladder. I photoed it ‘wet’ to get the intended end look. The rocks look great. The fish is perfect. The glass is supposed to look like white water, but maybe not so much.

Terry is busily slicing rocks like sandwich bread. We hope to place those as part of the main floor riverbed.

Now if only the plumber comes through on Thursday, and we get it all together, then Friday should be a good day.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment