Sunday, June 1, 2008

Construction update #42


Two more weeks gone by of prep work. My contractor has started to refer to the floor as a ‘prototype’ as his way of saying it is complicated. As best I can observe, there is more steel in this floor then the two lower floors combined.

Communications with an engineer too far away to simply drop by involves emailing photos of sketches and lots of back and forth calling.

My fish are waiting patiently to find a home in the floor. My family is still smiling, or is that a grimace.

All the white piping is for an air exchanger system to keep the interior air fresh. That ‘sub’ is me since the several HVAC guys I talked to all said no way.

I finally settled with the contractor from last year. He didn’t get as much money as he thought was owing. I paid more then I thought I should. So probably it is a good settlement.

Thanks for following our progress.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment