Monday, June 16, 2008

Construction update #46


Thursday came . . .
. . . And Thursday went

But the beam pour went off as scheduled. Yeah! You have to realize, we are pouring 53 tons of wet  concrete onto what is essentially a Styrofoam form  held up by two levels of 4x4. Was our ‘08 contractor nervous? Uh huh.

Precision water jet tested their template for the downstairs shower. The outline is of Sleeping Lady. The blue tape is not to be polite, but is to hold the template in place. Admired by one and all.

We backfilled the garage area using a sand throwing machine. Saved the backs of the workers. Stressed my wallet instead. Not sure about using that again. But it sure is efficient.

Next Thursday is the main floor pour with all the fish. I am testing the system and I poured the landing between the top floor and the middle floor. It has one fish template in it. You can make out the shape looking closely. I will grind this on Monday. I was going to call this the ‘fish that got away’. But my cabinet guy said I should call it a ‘fish ladder’. So I put the fish in pointing ‘upstream’ and I used tumbled glass block to create whitewater.

This week the slab. Next week the deck. Then the garage. Then the last walls. And then and then and then . . . .

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment