Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Construction Update #45


I am writing this just hours ahead of Thursday, the promised 53 yd beam pour. It is still scheduled, but I don’t get to be there as I am appearing in court doing my best Perry Mason imitation. Did my contractor plan it that way?

Our engineer came out for a site visit and gave the appropriate blessing. Although he stopped short of cracking a bottle of champagne against the bow.

Our windows arrived on schedule; but much earlier then we need them. It was my idea to combine several windows into one. So much easier to install. But oh so much heavier.

My father-in-law helped me install the deck posts. So when you visit and lean against the railing, well . . .

The electrical contractor took offense at all the black pipe (plumbing) and all the white pipe (HVAC) and so decided to make his own spaghetti puzzle out of gray pipe.

C’mon Thursday!

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment