Sunday, August 26, 2007

Construction Update #15

No matter how hard I try, it seems impossible to keep things moving at a steady pace. Each individual delay has a logical rationale, but there is never a balancing thing that makes up for lost time.

With things waiting on this and that, I thought to get the two 1,500 gallon septic tanks installed. I figured once the next foundation gets poured, access to the front of the house will be limited. Having now painted the insides of both tanks with waterproofing slop I think I have a better idea of how Jimmy Hoffa must feel.

Pinching pennies is proving a poor strategy. When the floor was poured there was about $150 of excess of mud. So, I thought I would place in the wall forms. What a mess. Not only did I blow out a section, but it seems there was a strategy in how the previous pour was left – and I messed it up. Big time. The drill bit to countersink additional rebar cost $100. The time, etc. you get the idea.

This week was a short one for Eric and crew. But it was nice having them anyhow. Some bracing went in and some window bucks.

Next week should be even more progress.

Steve

Message

No comments:

Post a Comment