Wednesday, June 6, 2007

preconstruction


More of the same today. I am guessing we are moving almost 200 CY each day. The dump truck holds 5CY. The loader holds 3CY. The excavator digs and separates. The loader loads me. Then takes one load himself while I transport the 5  yards across the road. Rinse and Repeat.

We are down to bottom floor grade. It is higher then 16’ above OHW, but, the important variable is the height difference from bottom floor to driveway. I want that at about 25’ - 28’

At least one rock will need to be split. It seems to sit in the elevator shaft. The two fully exposed boulders can be rolled. We will partially dig them down into the riparian buffer.

The sheer volume of dirt movement is shocking. I keep waiting for God (or the County) to shut me down. But this is what was approved.

$120 spent on hoses for dust control by way of our gravity flow water system.

Two more days with the dump truck should do it.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment