Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Construction Update #56

The devil is in the details. . .

We cut the window openings per the eng plans. And then noticed that the window tops did not align with the tops of the Nana walls. The arch plans show them symmetrical. So, leave ‘em uneven, make the windows taller, or raise the openings by 3”. Details.

I asked the guys to install mesh where we couldn’t before because of the shoring. When I checked back a couple hours later, mesh was being installed where I never planned it. Details.

The electrician showed up a day early, which was appreciated, but we didn’t have on hand enough of the special outlet boxes. Since I took Monday off (mtn biking at Whistler), I didn’t learn of the shortage until Tuesday. Details.

Like Strode said, his Tuesday is my Monday.

Steve

On the bright side of things, the floor coloring on the bedroom level is starting to come together

No comments:

Post a Comment