Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Construction Update #54

The steel railing guys brought welding equipment to add to the 100+ degree temps. They want vertical spindles, while I want horizontal cables. He calls it a ‘ladder’ for the kids. He also refers to the ATV to the outhouse as the shitter shuttle. My hope is his welds as as smooth as his vocabulary!

I just don’t get the younger generation with pants at half mast. If I forget my belt, I am constantly pulling up. At least I am not in the belt and suspenders group. Are you?

Met with the power guy. Voltage drop is an issue. There was a $5,000 fix, and then, with some conversation, we came up with a free fix. Feel the power.

The USFS came through with an agreed reprieve of the four trees on the inside corner. I paid the $1,310 and the Ranger assured me the money would remain dedicated to my roadway so as to be available if ever needed. Yeah, right. At least that’s done.

Seeing the walls go up gives real definition to the building. Course, now I am stressing about bracing, etc.

Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment