After setting the propane tank, I called for our first County inspection since April. The County said it had issued a stop work order back in May when the USFS squawked about the easement encroachment. Oops.
And near panic. But I had settled up with the USFS, and had paid the ransom (excuse me “mitigation contribution”). So, a bunch of phone calls and faxes plus a pro active building inspector (thankfully) and things were back on track. We passed inspection.
“Oh, by the way your building permit is expired” was his departing comment. Geesh.
I didn’t pay much attention to the storm water engineer report until the called for dry wells showed up. 8’ tall and buried in a 10’ deep hole with yards and yards of drain rock. And I need two of them! All this to catch storm water from a earth roof and a driveway made with pervious concrete. But the code doesn’t recognize a roof that retains water. And pervious driveways are counted as impervious surfaces. So I expect the wells will stay dry.
My motley crew is plugging away. We interviewed (begged) three different contractors to borrow extra crew. No commitments yet, but hopefully . . .